Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Leshko Latest...

Well we decided to book our Mexico 2011 trip last week. Our friends from Eau Claire (Jim and Carol) are going to join us again and my friend from Texas (Irene) are coming...should be a ton of fun!!

We were planning to do 7 days in December BUT my daughter WHO ROCKS surprised us and paid the difference for us to go for 11 days as an early Christmas gift...seriously!!! Isn't she just the best..... So now we leave on Nov 30th and we'll return Dec 10th....I wish it was time to go RIGHT NOW!!

I have to brag again..Katy has been in a competition for a speech on anti-abortion rights and stem cell research and she keeps WINNING!! She just competed again last night and has now won the right to go to Madison and give her speech...AMAZING!! And you know what she says..she says she doesn't even like giving speeches....she's AMAZING!!!

Another thing Katy has decided to do is to try skiing...we have never gone skiing and I have no desire to ever go...but she's went twice and she's already going down the expert hills (the Black Diamond hills) and she LOVES it and they told her at the ski resort she's a natural...seriously is there ANYTHING this girl can't do?? I honestly KNOW she was switched at birth..I have trouble walking up/down stairs and she's skiing expert hills??

We had a busy past weekend..we went to Mpls over the weekend to hang out with a group that we met in Mexico last year and we've stayed in touch with. They invited us and our other friends who had gone to Mexico with us over for a bonfire and drinks (and drink we did!!) It was a great time and so nice to see everyone again!!

Kevin surprised me and bought me a Kindle...I'm so excited and have been wanting one!! I already have 75 books on there and I've read like 3 of them already...I'm just loving it!!

Anyway that's about it for our latest update...again if you follow me on facebook I apologize that this is all repeats..haha

4 comments:

scrappysue said...

WOW awesome that you are going to Mexico again Rachel (and so sweet of Katy to surprise you!). She certainly is an amazing girl. LOL about the ski-ing. Just about sums me up too! Enjoy your kindle!

Kelly Booth said...

Your trip sounds like it will be the best yet...how sweet of K to extend it! You must be so very proud of her..she is an amazing child!

mickeydee said...

Sounds like lots of fun things are happening in Wisconsin! Happy to hear that you have a Kindle....I love mine too!

Candis said...

Ok, she is either being REALLY nice....or wants to get RID of you two for a bit longer! haa just kiddin!
You guys are going to have an amazing time, and it's so cool you have that ONE awesome trip to look forward to every year.

Kindle/iPads are wonderful for reading- I may never go back to regular books!
I need to buy more, but took me so long to read "Eat, Pray, Love!"
Glad you're enjoying it.