Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Week

WOW this week went by really fast...what has been happening?? Honestly not too much so I'm not sure why it was so busy...but it was a good week!!

Things are progressing really well at my new job..I barely ask questions anymore and I usually can figure out the answer on my own or else I know where to look. I will admit I was a bit nervous about having a female boss (never had one before??) but so far its really going good..Patty is wonderful and she makes sure she introduces me to everyone that comes in the office as her office manager and she asks my opinion on everything she's going to do..she's letting me pick out the office furniture as she wants me to be comfortable with my new desk area, etc....

AND she's addicted to coffee as well and she goes and gets us latte's...so that's been fun!!

She turned me onto this new cafe called Olala where they have the most amazing coffee drinks (it might even rival Starbucks) and they have a cookie specialty and they make cookie bouquet's...here's a cookie Patty bought for me earlier this week:

Yes that's a cookie...and it was as good as it looked!!! Very cool place...I'll be going there more often that's for sure!!

My friend Angela had her baby on Thursday..so excited for the Delf's they are going to make ROCKIN' parents...she had a beautiful baby girl named Kaia Marie (what a pretty name and unique too)....we're going to go visit tomorrow night so I can get a baby fix!!

Friday night after work we headed to Eau Claire to meet up with John and Renee at Texas Roadhouse...good food!! It was great hanging with them again..I met Renee while I worked at United and I do miss her..she's a great gal!!

Then afterwards we headed to the casino (haven't been there in a LONG time!!) I actually came out ahead and won enough money to do another copic marker order...(Candis..you may want to sign me up for the hoarder show!!)

This morning its been all about ME...Kevin is working and Katy has a friend over and then later on she has to work..so I got up and went tanning and then I went to get a pedicure at a spa (never been there before)..its a salon/spa called Deja You and they were fabulous!! They put stuff on my feet that I've never had before and it was cool that I got a oatmeal and honey mask and my feet are so SOFT!!! And of course I got pink glittery toenails out of the deal...yeah for me!!haha

Then I went and got an iced coffee from Olala and now I'm on the computer figuring out my next copic order...aaahhh life is good!!!

4 comments:

scrappysue said...

Great to hear about your week Rachel and that its been a lovely one! Glad the new job is going well too; you can't go wrong with coffee lovin' folk!!!!

Candis said...

Signing you up now!....

Sounds like heaven: cookies, coffee, & pedicures.
Michael is in Vegas for the weekend, so it's my turn next weekend (having a spa day with the girls.) Can't wait!

Have a great weekend!

Kelly Booth said...

Sounds like a great week......More copics huh?? It is an addiction I tell you!!

Cricket said...

sounds like a wonderful week and weekend for you Rachel! I sooo need to book a pedi, haven't had one in awhile and they are such a nice treat! Yay on winning some $$ and getting some more Copics!

Blessings,